Campaign for Baltimore’s Heroes
Terms of Service for Participating Partner Organizations
As a unit choosing to participate and collaborate as a benefitting partner, Baltimore Homecoming requires that you enter into this Memorandum of Understanding which sets forth the duties and roles and responsibilities of all participants.
- I confirm that my unit serves Baltimore city and/or surrounding area.
- I understand that my unit will receive all the monies that have been donated to my organization less any transaction fees not covered by the individual donor..
- I understand that GiveGab.com is an online platform which will safely process all contributions made to the event.
- I understand that all donations made directly to my unit will be disbursed within 5-10 business days via electronic funds transfer minus transaction fees. I understand that donations made to the full campaign or to my respective giving group will be split accordingly and disbursed on a regular monthly basis on the 30th of each month via electronic funds transfer minus transaction fees.
- I understand that any donations processed outside of the donation period, through GiveGab.com, or subsequent recurring donations are subject to transaction fees outlined on the GiveGab.com pricing page: http://info.givegab.com/pricing.
- I understand that in the event of a disputed donation, GiveGab will make every effort to win the dispute by submitting evidence on my unit's behalf. In the case that a dispute is lost, the full amount of the disputed donation and donation processing fees will be pulled from my unit’s bank account, and my organization will be charged a $15 dispute fee.
- I understand that refunds for donations made on GiveGab must be approved by an administrator from my unit and requested from GiveGab within 4 business days of the original date of the donation. If approved, the full amount of the requested refund and donation processing fees will be pulled from my unit’s balance. Any donation refund request made outside of the 4 business day refund window must be handled outside of the GiveGab platform between my unit and the donor directly.
- I understand that as the administrator of my unit profile on GiveGab, it is my responsibility to to grant (authorize) and revoke (unauthorized) administrative capabilities to other individuals within my organization. I understand that I can choose to allow them full administrative privileges or restrict their ability to view donor data within our organization. I understand that GiveGab will not disclose information about my organization to individual users unless those users are administrative users with appropriate permissions.
- I understand that my unit is encouraged to join in marketing efforts in the days immediately following the beginning of the campaign and throughout the year to create a sense of excitement among donors, volunteers, media partners and fellow community members.
- I understand that this is a crowdfunding event and Baltimore Homecoming is not responsible for the amount of money contributed to my unit over the course of the event and understand that donors choose where to place their gifts and Baltimore Homecoming has no control of this process.
- I understand that only donations made through the donation portal will count towards any prizes and incentives offered as part of the event. I understand that prize winners chosen on the day are subject to further verification and may be finalized after the event.
- I understand that if asked to participate in any interviews regarding this Campaign with newspaper, tv or radio that I speak on behalf of all projects participating in the crowdfunding efforts.